World Series Winners
Major League Baseball is one of the most watched sporting events in the nation and the World Series winners each year are highly regarded. A number of baseball teams have won the World Series numerous times, even as much as 27! Here are the top 10 World Series Winners in Major League Baseball:
- New York Yankees. The New York Yankees, a team in the American League, have won a total of 27 World Series of Major League Baseball. The years they have won are 1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2009.
- St. Louis Cardinals. The St. Louis Cardinals, a team in the National League, have been World Series Winners ten times. They have won in the following years: 1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, and 2006.
- Boston Red Sox. The Boston Red Sox are an American League team that have won the World Series of Major League Baseball seven times. The years that the Boston Red Sox have won the World Series are 1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, 1918, 2004, and 2007.
- New York Giants. The New York Giants, a National League Team, are one of several World Series winners to have won five times. They have won in 1905, 1921, 1922, 1933, and 1954.
- Philadelphia Athletics. The Philadelphia Athletics are a former National Association and National League team. They were World Series winners in 1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, and 1930.
- Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pittsburgh Pirates, a National League baseball team, have also won the World Series of Major League Baseball five times. They won in the following years: 1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, and 1979.
- Los Angeles Dodgers. The Los Angeles Dodgers are a National League basebal team who have also won five of the World Series. The years that the Los Angeles Dodgers were World Series winners are 1959, 1963, 1965, 1981, and 1988.
- Cincinnati Reds. The Cincinnati Reds are a National League team who are also one of the five teams that have been World Series winners five times. The years that the Reds have won are 1919, 1940, 1975, 1976, and 1990.
- Detroit Tigers. The Detroit Tigers are an American League baseball team that were champions in the World series a total of four times. They won the World Series in 1935, 1945, 1968, and 1984.
- Oakland Athletics. The Oakland Athletics are another American League baseball team that have won the World Series of Major League Baseball four times The years that they won are 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1989.