World's 10 Richest Musicians
Money makes the world go around and music soothes the savage beast, so who are the world's 10 richest musicians? The answer spans decades and genres. But whether young or old, rock, country or hip hop, these musicians all have some things in common, great talent and great wealth.
- Paul McCartney ranks as the world's richest musician, with an estimated net worth of $762 million. His financial focus has been on publishing rights, and it has served him well. Additionally, he continues to perform, creating even more income with his sold out shows.
- Dolly Parton, the down home diva from Pigeon Forge, TN comes in at number two with an estimated net worth between $520-600 million. In addition to royalties form a long career in country music, her namesake theme park Dollywood continues to be a successful moneymaker for this blonde bombshell.
- Jay-Z turned his lucrative music career into lucrative product endorsements. This savvy strategy, combined with his clothing line, to help his fortune grow to at least $500 million.
- Beyonce has made herself a bootylicious bankroll of $400 million as the reigning queen of hip hop. Building on her success with Destiny's Child, Beyonce upped her game when she went solo and became a triple threat with her movie career. There is no end in sight for her success.
- Sean Combs has amassed a fortune worth at least $350 million, through shrewd diversification. This hip hop mogul didn't stick to music. He has his own clothing line, movie production company and restaurants.
- Madonna, the material girl, can certainly afford to live an a material world. Her decade spanning career has helped her build an net worth over $325 million dollars.
- Mick Jagger, may have gathered no moss, as The Rolling Stones lead singer, but he has managed to gather plenty of green. With an estimated fortune of at least $305 million, he is one of the wealthiest rockers out there.
- Elton John has become known as much for his philanthropy, as his music. With some of his $297 million in net worth, he funds AIDS and cancer charities.
- Sting has led a multi-platinum life since the 1980's and continues to be a commercial success. Musical popularity and extensive real estate holdings are what helped him develop his $288 million net worth.
- Celine Dion may have a heart that goes on, but she has a fortune that goes on too. Her mega popular Las Vegas show, combined with her commercial success have garnered a net worth around $200 million.