These worst tattoos are all ideas that have been done or considered - and they're all ones you should definitely avoid. A tattoo is a permanent design on your body that requires thought, research and patience. Taking the time to ensure you are committed to your design is an important part of tattooing your body.
- Lover's name Love can be a powerful force, making you feel your relationship will be eternal. However, life situations and emotions can change resulting in a serious breakup. Even if you feel you've found your soulmate, you may want to wait several years into your relationship to ensure you don't mistakenly wind up with an ex-lover's name etched onto your body. The result can be both emotionally and physically painful if you get the tattoo removed. Most individuals claim tattoo removal procedures are vastly more painful than getting the tattoo itself. Patience can definitely help you avoid getting this worst tattoo as a painful breakup "gift."
- Cartoon Tattoo While we all love cartoons, choosing to tattoo a cartoon character onto your body can be both tacky and unattractive. The unappealing nature of the cartoon is likely to not compliment your body--no matter where you get it--making it one of the worst tattoos you could possibly get. Even more so, you may want to avoid getting a tattoo with a quote bubble, which can end up making your body look like a mere comic strips. Try to keep in mind what your current or future lovers will feel about a cartoon on your body. Would you like to kiss someone's cheek etched with Homer Simpsons' rear end?
- Body Part Tattoo It is possible that this is one of the worst tattoos of all times. Getting the image of a body part tattooed onto another part of your body (i.e. a nose on your neck) may just never work. Although hands can work well if done artistically, it is always awkward to see limbs, organs, and other body parts tattooed onto someone's body. If you are truly committed to this idea, you may want to do some research and see whether you feel it has worked on other people's bodies. Then, take several months to let your idea really sink in.
- Misspelled words Whether on purpose or on accident, misspelled words can be one of the classic tattoo flaws. They always reveal a lack of cleverness and education. If you are getting words from a poem or quote etched onto your body, take several times to put the words through a spelling checker and then have others look it over to make sure the computer didn't miss it. Remember, words like "dog" can be misspelled as "do" and your computer will never know that wasn't what you meant to say.
- Crotch Tattoos If you're ever told a story about a horrible tattoo - it's likely it will involve someone's crotch. These tattoos can certainly be one of the worst tattoos possible. Avoid images such as dollar signs, flies, or pop culture images to decorate your crotch. This design may seem funny if you are drunk, but for these reasons stay clear of drinking in bars close to tattoo parlors. You want to avoid making a permanent mistake to your body when you lose control of your clear decision-making.