When listing the top wrestlers who have died, it is necessary to list the ones that passed away young and at the height of their popularity. Wrestlers who have died left a large hole in professional wrestling that is difficult to fill. As you check out the list of the top wrestlers who have died, see if you recognize the names and their accomplishments.
- Owen Hart (Died on May 23, 1999). Owen Hart was the brother of WWE superstar Brett "The Hitman" Hart. While preparing to enter the ring as the Blue Blazer at the 1999 "Over the Edge" event, Hart's harness gave way and he plummeted 50 feet to his death in the ring in front of a horrified audience.
- Andre the Giant (Died on January 27, 1993). Andre the Giant was one of the most influential professional wrestlers in the history of the sport. He was a headlining wrestler all over the world, and he helped to make the WWE the entertainment powerhouse it is today. He died, at the young age of 46, of a heart attack.
- Yokozuna (Died on October 22, 2000). Yokozuna was the Hawaiian-born American wrestler who played the part of a Japanese sumo wrestler. His biggest claim to fame was beating Hulk Hogan for the WWE championship. But Yokozuna weigth 587 pounds and, at the age of 34, his heart could no longer stand the burden and he died of a heart attack.
- Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig (Died on February 10, 2003). Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig's death by an overdose of cocaine on February 10, 2003 started a public investigation into drug use within the WWE. At the time of his death, Hennig was only 44 years old.
- The Big Boss Man (Died on September 22, 2004). The Big Boss Man was one of the most popular WWE characters of the 1990's. Played by wrestler Ray Traynor, the Big Boss Man played the part of a sadistic prison guard perfectly. But his lifestyle, and size, caught up to him when he died of a heart attack at the age of 41.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.