You are hungry to learn some new wrestling moves, so try these wrestling attacks the next time you are on the matt. Having a few wrestling moves up your sleeve is always a plus, especially if you want to win. The wrestling attacks in this article are mostly freestyle and folkstyle ranging from basic to advanced levels.
- Ankle Pick Takedown. Catch your opponent off guard with this simple wrestling attack. When you are on your feet and have inside control, drop down to one knee and grab his ankle to make him fall. When he falls to his back, finish off the move by getting a few back points or by pinning him.
- Blacksburgh Dump. Learn how to be swift with this awesome attack. For this wrestling takedown, you will need to get a two-on-one by grabbing on to his elbow and his triceps with the same arm. Next, you you want to drop to one knee while releasing one arm and then finally throw him over your back.
- Metzger Takedown. Show the crowd what you are working with with this great wrestling attack. The next time you are in a tight position, swimming with your opponent, just reach in between his legs and throw him over your knees.
- Fireman's Carry. Start off by grabbing your opponent's wrist and throw your arm over his elbow. Throw his arm over his body and perform a simple single leg. Finally, you want to sit out and throw him over your back.
- Flying Armbar. Surprise your opponent with this advanced move, mostly used in BJJ submission wrestling. In regular folkstyle and freestyle wrestling, the armbar just entails a two-on-one, where you grab your opponent's lower arm and bring it to your stomach, lean forward, and trip them. But why do this attack when you can do the flying armbar? The next time you are training, try this wrestling attack for the fun. First, you will need to have inside control. Start off by bringing one leg to your opponent's waist, and while maintaining a grip on his neck, jump into the air while throwing the other leg across his neck. Release your hand from his neck while grabbing his arm as you fall to your back. Using your legs, bring him down to the mat with you.