Wrestling Finishing Moves
The best wrestling finishing moves stick with us forever. They're powerful, shocking, entertaining finishing moves. Since the beginning of the professional wrestling business, finishing moves have been a part of the franchise as a key component. Want to know if your favorites made it onto the list of best wrestling finishing moves of all time? Read on below!
- The Stone Cold Stunner. Performed by Steve Austin himself, the "Stone Cold Stunner" is one of pro-wrestling's most famous finishing moves. Taking his opponent by the neck, Stone Cold would drop both of them down to the floor in a devastating blow.
- The Tombstone Piledriver. A key move in the history of the WWF, the "Tombstone Piledriver" was utilized by the Undertaker quite often. His brother, the masked Kane, also was no stranger to this finish move.
- The Chokeslam. Kane's favorite of all the finishing moves he did, this handy throw grabbed opponents by the throat. After dramatically lifting them up, he'd then go and throw them violently to the ground with a loud thud.
- The Wall of Jericho. Chris Jericho was no stranger to wrestling finishing moves, and he often did his own variant. The "Wall of Jerchio" was an uncomfortable position that gave the opponent (usually) no other option than a tap-out.
- The Style's Clash. No list of finishing moves would be complete without mentioning one of TNA's most notable mat slams. In it, A.J. Styles would take opponents by the back, invert them, and toss them down to the ground.
- The Pedigree. The famous Triple H has and always will be the greatest 'baby face' in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. His appeal to most people in the audience is electrified when he takes his opponents face-down for a ride to the bottom of the ring.
- The RKO. Know to most as the "RKO," the extended stunner is one of the finishing moves performed by RAW wrestler Randy Orton. This finish move is obviously an acronym taken from his initials.
- Go To Sleep. The "GTS," or "Go to Sleep," was one of the more famous finishing moves undertaken by American wrestler CM Punk. Standing 6' 1", Phil Brooks is no professional wrestler you want to "Go to Sleep" with.
- The Muscle Buster. Another famous example from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, "The Muscle Buster" is the finishing move of Samoa Joe. It is an elevated neck-hold with an added leg-grab, which will lead to slam on the mat.
- The Worm. Scotty 2 Hotty and Too Cool made being nerdy in the early 90's cool again. Him and Grandmaster Sexay were never afraid to do their goofy "Worm" to end their matches quickly.
Scott Garland, Steve Austin, and Hunter Helmsley all have the best wrestling finishing moves of all time. That being said, every wrestler brings something new to the table and it'd be foolish to forget about all the new talent pouring in every year. Enjoy, and stay safe fellow wrestling fanatics!