Wrestling Mat Supplies
Wrestling mat supplies are necessary for maintaining a wrestling mat so that it keeps its shape and hardness and can be used to practice and compete on by individual wrestlers and teams in the future. There are a number of different wrestling mat supplies that serve a number of different functions, ranging from supplies needed to help put away and store wrestling mats to supplies needed to clean wrestling mats and supplies needed to repair wrestling mats.
- Disinfectant should be on-hand to clean bacteria and dirt that may have accumulated on the surface of the mat so that it remains sanitary for wrestlers to be on. This bacteria is usually caused by sweat which is not cleaned off the mat after it is used by wrestlers. This disinfectant should be used when people are done wrestling before the mat is put away, if not in between matches.
- A mop is a wrestling mat supplies which should be on hand to clean the entire mat with disinfectant. However, the mop should only be used for the final cleaning, after everyone is done wrestling and the wrestling mat is about to be put away.
- Spray bottles are good wrestling mat supplies to have on-hand. Put a small amount of disinfectant in it and apply it to an area which has had sweat or dirt on it.
- Spare rags should be used with the spray bottles to wipe up the disinfectant that has been sprayed on the mat. These can be bought in large packs.
- Tape can be used to cover holes in the surface of the wrestling mat. It can also be used to mark boundaries on the surface of the mat.
- Mat straps are wrestling mat supplies that will hold the mat in place so that when wrestlers are on it, the mat won't slide on the floor. This is very important to use during competition so that wrestlers won't hurt themselves when the mat moves.
- Mat tubes are large, round cardboard tubes that can be used to store wrestling mats away when they are not being used. These will help to organize wrestling mats and free up more floor space in a gym.