WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 Roster
If you want to know how quickly something can change in the WWE, just look at the WWE “Smackdown vs Raw 2011” roster. The video game was released in October 2010 and already many of the superstars in the game are no longer with the company. However, the game features a number of fun superstars to play and contains a lineup that will entertain most WWE fans.
- Raw –The WWE “Smackdown vs Raw” 2011 roster is pretty current when you look at the main foundation. Of course, with the recent WWE Draft, Randy Orton, Ezekiel Jackson and Mark Henry switched brands. The biggest names to no longer be on the roster are Shawn Michaels, Batista, Edge and Chris Jericho, who all retired. However, I dare you to find one WWE fan who wouldn’t love to play as any of those WWE superstars. Plus, Raw has Bret Hart and that is a very cool addition.
- Smackdown – The Smackdown brand on the WWE “Smackdown vs Raw 2011” roster also features some wrestlers who have switched brands including Big Show, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio. However, there are the two big elephants in the room on the Smackdown roster in Matt Hardy, who went to TNA, and MVP, who was let go. Shad and Luke Gallows are also no longer with the WWE but are not superstars that are missed anyway.
- Divas – Most of the Divas in the WWE “Smackdown vs Raw 2011” roster are still with the company for those who like to play with girls. Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, Melina, Maryse, Gail Kim, Alicia Fox and the Bella Twins are all available to play as. The only Diva no longer with the company on the roster is Michelle McCool, who only recently retired.
- Who is Missing? – The list of who is missing is interesting. One name left out of the Divas is Layla, which is funny since she was McCool’s tag team partner and is the only one of those Divas still in the company. Also missing from the main lineup, and this is a tough group to neglect, is Nexus. Months before this game hit stores, Nexus was involved in the biggest storyline in the WWE. I am sure the game went into production before they hit it big but to release a game without the biggest villains in the WWE included made the game dated the minute it hit stores.
- Downloadable Content - The WWE tried to make up for the absence of Nexus on the WWE “Smackdown vs Raw 2011” roster by making three of them included as downloadable content. Luckily, two of the best members: Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel were part of this download. Also included were two legends in Lex Luger and Davey Boy Smith as well as Layla, to make up for the sole Diva omission.