When deciding between the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3, there are a number of different things which you should consider when looking at Xbox 360 versus PS: How To Choose Your Console. Both consoles have incredible games, graphics and are on the cutting edge of new game playing technology. But despite video games being what these consoles were originally intended for, both the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 have evolved to connect to the internet, allowing the console to rent and download movies, music and various social networks, allowing the console to be for more then just the avid gamer, but the entire family as a whole. However, a few specific things will encourage you to buy one console or the other.
- Are you a serious gamer or a casual gamer? If you're a serious video game player then the Playstation 3 may be the better bet, as most hard core Japanese gamers prefer Playstation 3 over the Xbox 360 and game manufacturers pay attention to that preference.
- Do you want Blu-Ray? If you want a Blu-Ray player installed in the console, then the only way to go is Playstation 3. This will allow you to play Blu-Ray DVDs at higher quality then playing them through the XBox 360.
- What console do your friends have? If you want to play video games online on your console and communicate with your friends through the console, then you both must own the same console. If they have a Playstation 3 then you'll have to get a Playstation 3 to talk with them. If they have an Xbox 360, then you'll have to get an Xbox 360.
- Do you want to newest video game technology? Because if you do, you should buy the Xbox 360. They have a new program called Kinect, that allows you to simply stand in front of your video game system and television and move the way you want your characters onscreen to move, sans controller. Playstation 3 has something called the Move, it's basically a WiiMote controller, which means you actually (gasp) have to hold something in your hand while you play.
- Which one breaks less? Xbox 360 systems have an occasional problem of not working by presenting something known as "the red ring of death" on their fronts. While Xbox pays for shipping and will replace this problem for free, it will wipe you hard drive and be a few days before you get the console back. Playstation 3 systems, which may have small malfunctions, don't have these problems.