Yam Recipes For Thanksgiving
Want some yam recipes for Thanksgiving? Yams or sweet potatoes are a great addition to any Thanksgiving meal. If you'd like to add a yam recipe to your turkey, stuffing, and cranberries, read on to find out how to make a great yam recipe for Thanksgiving.
For Candied Yams, a yam recipe for Thanksgiving, you'll need:
- 4 medium-sized yams
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 c. of brown sugar
- 1 c. of white sugar
- 2 tbsp. of flour
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- Boil yams. Place washed yams in boiling water and boil them for approximately ten minutes.
- Prepare yams. Run some cold water over the yams, then peel the boiled yams and slice them up.
- Preheat oven. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees, as yams need to be baked at a low temperature for a long time.
- Put yams in dish. Place the sliced yams into a shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter. Put the stick of butter in a glass bowl, and melt it in the microwave.
- Mix the sauce. Add both sugars, flour, nutmeg and vanilla extract in with the butter and stir until mixed well.
- Candy the yams. Pour the sugar mixture over the yams that are already in the baking dish.
- Cook the yams. Cook for approximately one hour, so that the yams are nice and tender.
If you want to make a quick and easy meal to bring to a Thanksgiving dinner, try out this candied yam recipe. If you're cooking Thanksgiving dinner for your family, consider making candied yams a traditional part of your celebration. This is just one of many great yam recipes for Thanksgiving.