Have a birthday party coming up and want to make a yellow cake recipe from scratch? Making a cake from scratch isn’t as difficult as you’d think. In fact, making a yellow cake from scratch isn’t any more difficult or time consuming then making a box cake. Keep reading for the perfect yellow cake recipe from scratch.
To make the cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of good quality vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 3 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 9×13 inch baking pans
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 toothpick
- frosting of your choice
- Preheat and prepare. Preheat your often to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and lightly flour both of your 9×13 pans.
- Mix the batter. In your large mixing bowl, blend together your butter and sugar with a spoon. Mix in the eggs one at a time until they are thoroughly blended into the yellow cake batter. Stir in the vanilla, flour and buttermilk and mix until fully incorporated and lump free. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour and bake. Pour the yellow cake batter into your prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Test if the cake is done, by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean the cake is finished baking.
- Cool and frost. Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan. Frost the cake with your favorite frosting and serve to your friends. They will be amazed with your baking skills, and might even as you for your yellow cake recipe from scratch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.