Yoga Back Exercises For Men
If you suffer from back pain, yoga back exercises for men can help. There are several yoga poses that can help stretch and strengthen your back, which can ease back pain. As always, check with your doctor before starting a new exercise routine.
- Locust Pose. In this pose, you lay on your belly with your head, arms and legs off of the floor. Look straight forward and point your toes. This yoga back exercise helps strengthen the muscles along your spine, and will make you feel better all around.
- Cobra Pose. This is one of the yoga back exercises for men that's great for combating lower back pain. To do this pose, lay on your belly with your feet stretched out behind you, then push your torso off the floor. Do not overextend, as you can injure yourself if you do not do this yoga back exercise correctly. There should never be any stress or strain in yoga.
- Child's Pose. To do this yoga back exercise, curl up face down with your knees up to your belly and your arms stretched long in front of your head. This pose is great for stretching your back.
- Cat Flow. Position yourself on your hands and knees, lean back so your thighs meet your calves, then go straight up and arch your back. This is one of the yoga back exercises for men that's also an awesome all-over stretch.
- Mountain Pose. Stand up very straight with your feet together. Position your body so that your ankles, hips, shoulders and ears make a straight line. This yoga back exercise helps build balance and increase core strength.
Posted on: Jan. 14, 2011