No one is really sure what in the hell Bachelor in Paradise really is, but the TV show's latest season was recently shut down, as Warner Bros. Television began an investigation for alleged misconduct on the set of the ABC series. While details of what exactly went down on set are still murky at best, reports began to surface that two contestants, Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson, had allegedly gotten extremely inebriated and had sexually explicit relations in the pool, all while cameras were rolling, of course. While we're all waiting to see what comes of this dramatic situation, we decided to reflect on some of the other sketchy reality show scandals that have occurred over the past few years.
1. 19 Kids and Counting Who can't remember Josh Duggar and the creeptastic allegations that popped up about him a few years ago? After the show's huge success, he was accused of sexually abusing underaged girls in 2002 and 2003. While the holy-rolling family tried to keep the details hush-hush, they ended up releasing a statement about the whole situation that eventually led to their downfall. "Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret," Josh said in a statement to People. "I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life." 19 Kids and Counting was ultimately canceled but several Duggar family members have been featured on a TLC spin-off.
2. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo The reality series following former kid pageant star Alana "Honey Boo Boo” Thompson and her family was canned after reports that Mama June (June Shannon) was dating a convicted child molester surfaced. "TLC has cancelled the series Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately," the network said in a statement. "Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well-being." However, Mama June claimed that she is not dating Mark McDaniel, and went on to star on Marriage Boot Camp with Alana’s dad Sugar Bear, and eventually gained her own weight-loss show.
3. The Bachelor In season 14 of the ABC dating series, Rozlyn Papa, one of the contestants competing for Jake Pavelka's heart, was found to be romantically involved with a behind-the-scenes crewmember. She was promptly eliminated from the show. "It was incredibly unfortunate," host Chris Harrison said about the situation. "Horrible decisions were made. This is something that we took very serious, and it's something that we couldn't just sit by... because of things in the past. This was embarrassing for us, for Jake, and for the other women, so we were like, let's nip this in the bud, take care of it, and that's what we did."
4. American Idol Who would think a sex scandal could ever rock America's sweetest and most original reality show? Season-two contestant Frenchie Davis was a fan-favorite on the Fox competition, but the singer was kicked off the show after she admitted that she had posed topless for an adult website five years before the show. Frenchie said she was just trying to make money for school at the time, but the producers still refused to let her sing. Another contestant on the show, Corey Clark, was eliminated in season two, after there were claims he had a sexual relationship with judge Paula Abdul.
5. Flip or Flop Tarek and Christina El Moussa, the stars of the hit HGTV show Flip or Flop, found themselves in the headlines at the end of 2016 after they split, and the story grew more and more dramatic by the day. Though the couple split in May, they didn't go public with the news until December, when it was revealed that police were called to the family's home after an altercation that ended with Tarek running out into the woods with a gun. After they announced their split, it came out that the two had been seeing other people, and that Tarek started dating their children's former nanny.