What the hell is the world coming to? It seems like every restaurant or fast food joint is trying to outdo the others these days—and not by lowering their prices. The newest trend is coming up with the weirdest shit (some edible and some not so much) that you can possibly think of. Just check out some of the latest examples…
1. McDonalds just told fans that they’re releasing a new eating utensil, too. It’s called the Frork, and it is apparently a French fries fork. The red silicone utensil has three holes into which one can insert real french fries so that the fries stand in as the fork’s edible “prongs.” Then the diner can carry on, scooping up wayward condiments and eating them with the “Frork.” There’s even a toll-free number diners can call—844-MCD-FRORK (844-623-3767)—to get more information about how to get a Frork.
2. Everyone went nuts a few months ago when Taco Bell announced they were creating their infamous chalupa sans the delicious, crispy tortilla shell. Instead, they targeted poultry lovers everywhere and made the new Naked Chicken Chalupa‘s outer shell an entire freakin’ piece of chicken. It disappeared from the restaurant’s menu about a month after its debut, and left fans wondering “WTF?” Apparently, it was only considered a “limited time offer,” but there are reports that it will be returning as a full-time menu item soon.
3. Speaking of Taco Bell, they just announced they’re going to be selling chicken chips. They’re officially called Naked Chicken Chips, and are essentially triangle-shaped chicken nuggets and come with a nacho cheese dipping sauce. Like the Naked Chicken Chalupa, the chips will only be available for a limited time, with six pieces going for $1.99 while 12 will set you back $2.99. They’ll be available at all Taco Bells in the United States on May 11.
4. With all this chicken talk, we can’t leave out KFC. Remember when they created the most infamous weird-menu item, the Double Down? You know, with fried chicken as sandwich bread? While you won’t find this bad boy on their original menu today, there are reports that it is on the restaurant’s “secret menu.”
5. What’s life without a good dessert? Burger King just announced that they’re offering a Froot Loops shake. What exactly is in a cereal milkshake, you may ask? According to a spokeswoman for Burger King, the drink features “velvety Vanilla-flavored Soft Serve, Froot Loops Cereal pieces, and sweet sauce.” It’ll cost you $2.99.
6. Last but not least, remember when BK released the Mac n’ Cheetos last year? They were fried macaroni and cheese coated in, what else, Cheeto dust. Soon after they officially offered customers Cheetos Chicken Fries, too. Because what in the world is better than Cheetos? Seriously.