Wonder Woman has critics talking all sorts of good stuff (93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, anyone?), but one thing that really stands out is star Gal Gadot. Not only is she super talented, but she’s also super hot, and she has quite an interesting background, too. Read some fun facts and see some sexy pics on the following pages.
1. She’s a former Miss Israel: The Israeli model competed in and won the Miss Israel title in 2004, when she was 18 years old. Anyone with eyes can easily see why she took home the crown!
2. She wasn’t feeling the Miss Universe pageant at all: When she represented Israel at the competition in Ecuador, Gadot didn’t really try to win because she decided the pageant life wasn’t for her. “I’m just not that type of girl,” she told Jimmy Kimmel in 2016.
3. Like the role she plays in the movie, she’s pretty badass in real life, too: Gadot served two years in the Israeli Defense Forces. "Part of being Israeli is to go to the army,” she told People magazine. “All my friends went, my parents went and my grandparents went.” In related news, she caused a bit of a stir when she posed for Maxim magazine’s “Women of Israel Defense Forces” photo feature in 2007.
4. She’s smart AF: Gadot actually studied law and international relations in college. When a casting director approached her for a role, she thought she was “too serious and smart to be an actress," she told W magazine.
6. She’s a taken lady: Gadot met her husband, real estate developer Yaron Varsano, in the desert. As she told Glamour, the couple was introduced through mutual friends at a “very strange” desert party in Israel. “It was all about yoga, chakras, and eating healthy — we didn’t exactly find ourselves there, but we found each other.” The couple have been married for nearly nine years and have two daughters.
7. She’s loaded: In 2015, the couple sold their luxury hotel, the Varsano, for a reported $26 million. The buyer? Russian billionaire and Leonardo DiCaprio’s yacht king BFF Roman Abramovich, who, according to the Daily Mail, purchased the Tel Aviv property to convert into his own Israeli home. Hot, smart and rich? Diana Prince herself would be proud.
- Click Below for More Galleries