With beauty, brains and brawn, Gal Gadot is steadily taking over Hollywood. She first got our attention in some of the Fast and Furious flicks, blew up as the star of Wonder Woman, a critical smash that made $800 million and reappeared hosting SNL this weekend. She acquitted herself quite nicely—and seriously made out with Kate McKinnon! So why not get to know Gadot? Read some fun facts and see some sexy pics on the following pages.
1. She’s a former Miss Israel: The Israeli model competed in and won the Miss Israel title in 2004, when she was 18 years old. Anyone with eyes can easily see why she took home the crown!
2. She wasn’t feeling the Miss Universe pageant at all: When she represented Israel at the competition in Ecuador, Gadot didn’t really try to win because she decided the pageant life wasn’t for her. “I’m just not that type of girl,” she told Jimmy Kimmel in 2016.
3. Like the role she plays in the movie, she’s pretty badass in real life, too: Gadot served two years in the Israeli Defense Forces. "Part of being Israeli is to go to the army,” she told People magazine. “All my friends went, my parents went and my grandparents went.” In related news, she caused a bit of a stir when she posed for Maxim magazine’s “Women of Israel Defense Forces” photo feature in 2007.
4. She’s smart AF: Gadot actually studied law and international relations in college. When a casting director approached her for a role, she thought she was “too serious and smart to be an actress," she told W magazine.
6. She’s a taken lady: Gadot met her husband, real estate developer Yaron Varsano, in the desert. As she told Glamour, the couple was introduced through mutual friends at a “very strange” desert party in Israel. “It was all about yoga, chakras, and eating healthy — we didn’t exactly find ourselves there, but we found each other.” The couple have been married for nearly nine years and have two daughters.
7. She’s loaded: In 2015, the couple sold their luxury hotel, the Varsano, for a reported $26 million. The buyer? Russian billionaire and Leonardo DiCaprio’s yacht king BFF Roman Abramovich, who, according to the Daily Mail, purchased the Tel Aviv property to convert into his own Israeli home.
8. She's crushing social media: Between Facebook and Instagram, Gadot has nearly 20 million fans.
9. She's well hydrated: Her first name means "wave" in Hebrew. Her last name means "riverbanks."
10. She's a total MILF: She has two daughters, Alma and Maya.
11. She'll be back: Gadot will reprise her role as Wonder Woman in Justice League, scheduled for release on November 17th.