Everyone knows it's expensive to live in San Francisco, but a fancy new penthouse is taking that reality to a whole new level. Opening up at 181 Fremont Street next year, this lavish pad is on track to be the swankiest residence on the west coast. Why so pricy, you may ask? Read on…
1. You have to open up the wallet if you want space and views. The luxurious 7,000-square-foot penthouse is being built on top of a new San Francisco skyscraper.
2. The fancy pad will sit atop 70 floors. Set for completion in 2018, the building will be the tallest and most expensive residence in San Francisco and on the west coast.
3. The skyscraper, being constructed by the Jay Paul Company, will rise to 802 feet and will be located adjacent to the Transbay Transit Center.
4. Location, location, location is what they always say on those damn house hunting shows on TV. When it comes to this place, that's the case. The penthouse is located on the South of Market neighborhood in the city, which is one of the most expensive.
5. What's inside? The penthouse is said to have 7 baths and a double winged master bedroom. It's equipped with windows everywhere for a 360-degree view of the city, including the Golden Gate Bridge.
6. Experts are assuming that the residence will serve as a trophy house for a foreign investor or tech exec.
7. The building is also designed to withstand an 8.6 magnitude earthquake.
8. The pimping penthouse will break San Francisco real estate records if it is sold at asking price. We won’t be surprised if that’s the case. Will you?