Some people might think local businesses with puns in their title are corny. Some might even go as far as to say they are ‘lame’ and ‘cringe-inducing’.
But personally, I always wanted to open an Indian restaurant called “Curry Your Favor”.
And it is because of this desire that I salute the fine people of Best Week Ever for compiling a list of the 50! Best Pun Stores.
Some of my favorites include:
- A fish and chips place called “A Salt & Battery”
- A breakfast spot called “Lox, Stock, and Bagel”
- A fishing shop called “Master Bait and Tackle”
- A hairdresser’s named “Curl Up & Dye”
- A construction van with the title “Get Plastered: Plastering Contractors”
- An alcohol and spirits depot called “The Dick Liquor”
- and a Thai restaurant called “Thai-Tanic”
Check out the full 50 over at the Best Week Ever site.
I’m pretty sure the “Tiecoon” shop is in Penn Station, NYC. But if you can identify where any of these stores are, or can think of any that should be added to the list, let us know in the comments section.